Why do I LOVE this salad? It's darn delicious and full of amazing nutrients! Here's your basic ingredients and why they rock...
- Spinach: protects your eyes
- Quinoa: full of fiber to keep you full
- Avocados: has potassium that can lower your blood pressure
- Almonds: full of the potent antioxidant vitamin E to protect your heart
- Strawberries: has antioxidants that can prevent cancer
- Blueberries: has antioxidants that can improve your memory
Doesn't get much better than that. I topped it with a honey mustard dressing. Here's an incredibly delicious homemade version!
Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing:
1 cup olive oil
4 scant Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce
2T Dijon Mustard
2 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves of garlic smashed
1/2 tsp salt
Directions: Put all ingredients in a food processor or whisk together until completely smooth. I would recommend using a food processor. Dressing can be stored in fridge for 1-2 weeks, just smell it to make sure that it hasn’t started to go rancid. Before serving, bring to room temperature and whisk vigorously to counteract the oil congealing.